For the second year in a row, it’s going to be another rainy Mother’s Day. Luckily last year our family went to see the Lombardi Trophy. It was a great day at the Home of the Philadelphia Eagles, Lincoln Financial Field. We got our pictures taken with the Super Bowl trophy and then went out to Nifty Fifty’s for burgers and shakes. They gave me a free flower and it was pretty much a perfect day. I’m feeling a little less optimistic about Mother’s Day 2019. This year the weather looks pretty terrible—cold with a high of 52 and more rain. So, I’ve been scouring all over the web to find indoor Mother’s Day activities to enjoy on a rainy day.
Since I wanted to find them for myself anyway, I thought I would save my ideas in a post. I’m sure I am not the only mom wishing we’d have better weather. And certainly not the only mom wondering what to do for Mother’s Day in the rain. We just went through the whole what can we do inside on a rainy day debacle last weekend, and the one before that, anyway.
List of Local Mother’s Day Activities
Besides listing out the fun inside Mother’s Day activities I find, I’m also going to share the mom discounts I find. Some places let Mom play for free on Mother’s Day and others have Mother’s Day restaurant deals to enjoy. I’m including it all so you can find something that works for your whole family. Consider kid-friendly Mother’s Day activities that are active, creative, delicious, relaxing, and more. Whatever floats your boat, or at least whatever doesn’t leave you stranded and soaked in the rain.
I’ve focused the majority of my search on Boyertown, Gilbertsville, Limerick, Royersford, Collegeville, Phoenixville, Exton, Skippack, and King of Prussia Mother’s Day activities. However, this list of locations is not exhaustive. Also, please note, if the activities seemed worthy of the drive, I also included a few non-local Mother’s Day ideas.
Rainy Day Mother’s Day Activities
- Skippack Painting with a Twist – https://www.facebook.com/events/890993984578533/
- Painting with a Twist Philly – Mommy + Me Unicorns (Saturday) and Dinos (Sunday) https://www.facebook.com/events/2345100339046810/
- Exeter Painting with a Twist – (Kids must be 7 and up.) https://www.paintingwithatwist.com/studio/exeter-township/event/1988803/
- Art on Main – https://www.facebook.com/events/323000885057392/
- Plays and Shows
- The Enchanted Bookshop by DCP Theatre (Telford, PA) – https://www.facebook.com/events/545445345970691/?event_time_id=545445382637354
- Disney’s Alice in Wonderland Jr. by 1st Street Players (Birdsboro) – https://www.facebook.com/events/251017702447197/?event_time_id=251017715780529
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid by Pennsylvania Youth Theatre – https://www.facebook.com/events/1064337353749384/?event_time_id=1064337370416049
- Mother’s Day Brunch or Dinner – Too many Mother’s Day Brunch locations exist to even list out here. I’ll include a few that seem pretty amazing… (You’ll definitely want to reach out and see if reservations are still available. So many of the places are already totally sold out.)
- Davinci’s – https://www.facebook.com/davincispub/photos/a.756057647743923/2681908191825516/?type=3&theater
- Cutillo’s – https://www.cutillos.com/mother-s-day-buffet-menu
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – https://www.facebook.com/events/408517899942441/
- Dave & Busters (Philly) – Moms can enjoy a special bowling package and unlimited games for Mother’s Day at Philly’s D&B, along with a special menu that includes unlimited coffee, tea, and soda. Adults are $32.99 and kids are $17.99. Must purchase tickets in advance. All moms get a free flower. Dave & Busters in Plymouth Meeting would be a closer choice and you might consider using the current Groupon offer.
- LegoLand (Plymouth Meeting, PA) – Open for Mother’s Day but no specials running for moms. However, if you or someone in your party is a member of the military, reserves, or a veteran, you can score a discount that way plus free admission for the military member.
- Jump and Play Places – Like Urban Air Adventure Gym (Royersford) – Moms Jump Free on Mother’s Day. Superior Play Systems is open for Mother’s Day playtime from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. as well. No word yet on whether Jungle Wonder and others will be open for Mother’s Day. (BounceU Collegeville is closed.)
- Turkey Hill Experience – No Mother’s Day promotions are on the table, but kids age 3 and under are free and members of the military are free as well. We loved the Turkey Hill Ice Cream Taste Lab and would go back purely because of that. The rest of it was fun too, but I don’t think I’d drive over an hour unless we were doing the lab. Highly recommend it for the extra $5.95 per person if you go. We each got a pint of custom ice cream with our own mix-ins. Our daughter’s ice cream mostly made it home, although it was a little milkshakey. https://www.turkeyhillexperience.com/plan-your-visit/admission-membership
- Alternatively, mix up your own ice cream concoctions at home some rainy day!
- Axe Throwing
- Splitting Edge Axe Throwing – Family combo deal for $49.95 for two adults, plus $10 extra for each kid. Apparently, prizes may be at stake! https://www.facebook.com/events/1237333456442883/
- Carousel at Pottstown – Enjoy a few rides on the carousel and possibly a carnival style snack at the Pottstown Carousel. $1 carousel rides and $5 mini golf at Manatawny Green Mini Golf. https://www.carouselatpottstown.org/
- Glow Golf (Exton, PA) – Indoor mini golf is where it’s at for moms on Mother’s Day. I don’t see a mom promotion, but you can snag a pretty good Groupon.
- Escape Rooms – Many local escape room adventures are kid-friendly! This puzzling challenge can be a memorable indoor activity the whole family can enjoy.
Relaxing / Educational
- Movie Tavern – The Movie Tavern in Exton is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch along with a screening of “The Sound of Music.” This event is almost sold out with seats remaining just in the first two rows at the time of this writing. The cost for admission plus buffet and tax + gratuity is $32.95 per adult and $12.95 per child. Brunch features pancakes, rum raisin French toast, Denver Scramble, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, Beef Striploin, shrimp cocktail, and a coffee and juice bar. Collegeville Movie Tavern is open for business as per usual.
- Mother’s Day Tea Train with Colebrookdale Railroad (Boyertown) – Mother’s Day excursions with tea, muffins, scones, and more. Also dinner excursion at 6:30 p.m. https://www.colebrookdalerailroad.com/colebrookdale-railroad-excursions/mothers-day-tea-train/
- Make Your Own Energy Pouch – You’re your own Mother’s Day Healing Pouch featuring herbs, oils, and crystals with Michelle at Healing Spirit Cafe LLC. Kid-friendly event, $25. https://www.facebook.com/events/287697468830364/
- Adventure Aquarium (Camden, NJ) – The first 100 moms and grandmothers get a complimentary flower upon arrival. Some ladies apparel will be 25% off and some talks will center around animal moms. https://www.adventureaquarium.com/What-To-Do-In-New-Jersey/Special-Events/Mothers-Day
Moms Play Free: Mother’s Day Deals
These Mother’s Day activities feature specials with totally free admission for Mom (often with a paying child).
- Academy of Natural Sciences (Philadelphia, PA) – Moms (not sure why it says “Favorite Adult,” because isn’t that implied??) get in free to experience the live animal shows, dinosaurs, butterflies and more. https://ansp.org/programs-and-events/events/Details/?eid=23795&iid=67279
- Crayola Experience (Easton, PA) – Moms get in free with one paid child to the Crayola Factory. https://www.crayolaexperience.com/easton/plan-your-visit/special-offers A Groupon for discounted admission is also available.
- DiggerLand USA (West Berlin, NJ) – Moms dig free with a paid child at Diggerland! You can also save with other Diggerland promotions such as $5 off over 42” online tickets with code MOMSAVE5. Heard they are honoring the promo Saturday as well due to the awful forecast for a cold and rainy Mother’s Day. https://www.facebook.com/events/271207343770254/
- The Hershey Story (Hershey, PA) – Moms get in Free on Mother’s Day. https://hersheystory.org/hershey-story-event/moms-are-free-on-mothers-day-2/ There’s also a Groupon for The Hershey Story Museum.
- Linvilla Orchards (Media, PA) – Moms fish for free with paid child fishing admission. https://www.linvilla.com/event/mothers-day-fishing-2?event-date=2019-05-12
- Morey’s Piers (Wildwood, NJ) – Moms ride Surfside and Morey’s Piers for free on the Wildwood Boardwalk from 12 – 5 p.m. on Mother’s Day. While supplies last, enjoy tea, cookies, biscotti and biscuits at the tea cups ride. Hit up the photo pavilion on Mariner’s Pier, too. https://www.moreyspiers.com/event/mothers-day (Supposed to be miserable this Mother’s Day – including for future notice.)
- Urban Air Adventure Gym (Royersford, PA) – What a deal at Urban Air! Moms (or Dads) Jump for Free at Urban Air on Mother’s Day with a free parent pass! No coupon needed. https://www.facebook.com/urbanairroyersfordpa/photos/a.287562995298223/353317035389485/?type=3&theater
- Jay Lanes (Douglassville, PA) – Moms bowl free at Jay Lanes in Douglassville for Mother’s Day with one paying child. http://jaylanesbowling.com/files/pdf/Mothers%20Day.pdf
Moms Eat Free (Or Drink Free): Mother’s Day Food Deals
Check out these Mother’s Day restaurant deals in our area in Montgomery and Berks Counties.
- Hooters (King of Prussia, PA) – Free entrée from special Mother’s Day menu
- Melting Pot (King of Prussia, PA) – Free Mimosa, Bellini or soft drink for Mom https://www.meltingpot.com/king-of-prussia-pa/mothers-day.aspx
- The Peppermint Stick Candy Store (Boyertown) – Mom gets a free ice cream with purchase of an ice cream. Good for anything on ice cream menu! https://www.facebook.com/events/311871096392111/
- F. Chang’s (Collegeville, PA) – Free dessert with entrée purchase.
- Red Robin – Free burger for Mom when you buy an additional burger, entrée or entrée salad plus two drinks. http://www.redrobinpa.com/free-burger-for-mom/
- Waltz Golf Farm (Limerick, PA) – Moms get a FREE scoop of Nelson’s Ice Cream after playing a (paid) round of golf. https://www.waltzgolffarm.com/
Also, be sure to create a hand print craft around Mother’s Day or Father’s Day while your kids are little. You’ll love looking back on it for a lifetime to come. All you need are a few craft canvases, some tempera paint, and a willing child. :))
Moms Get FREE Gift Cards
More free stuff for moms in our local area…
- Fogo de Chão (King of Prussia, PA) – Moms get a complimentary Dining Card for one Full Churrasco Lunch, Dinner, or Sunday Brunch on her next visit.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse (King of Prussia, PA) – Mom will receive a $25 gift card for a future visit (before June 30, 2019). https://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/mothers-day/
- Carrabba’s – Every mom gets a “special gift to enjoy on her next visit.” https://www.carrabbas.com/menu/specials/mothers-day-menu
Also, did you hear that KRAFT is gifting moms who choose themselves on Mother’s Day with a babysitter payback? The company will reimburse moms’ babysitter bills for this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12, 2019 up to $100 when submitted as per the Mother’s Day Away promotion‘s instructions. Sounds like a good time to review that Girls Night Out post for some fun with the other mamas! (Hey, it can be after the kids are in bed, right?!)
These are all of the Mother’s Day meal deals (Moms Eat Free Deals), Mother’s Day activities (plus Moms Play Free Deals), and free Mother’s Day deals I could find so far. In case of chain restaurants and businesses, I would recommend checking with the merchant in your location. You’ll want to be sure you’ve got the facts, and especially to make sure it’s not sold out.
You might also consider searching for “Mother’s Day deals near me” or “Mother’s Day specials near me” to find a few additional Mother’s Day activities in your local area. If you know of something else that’s not listed here, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment below!